Page 302 of 305 FirstFirst ... 202252292293294295296297298299300301302303304305 LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 3042

Thread: Games: What games are you currently playing? [OT!]

  1. #3011
    Inactive Member DJ Saltack's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2007
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've now mostly been playing Kingdom Hearts.

    I can't believe how much it sucks. The overall story is decent, but the characters, mini world stories, camera, combat and level design is mind-numbingly shit. I'm quite impressed this managed to get a sequel, or that i was even hyped about it when it came out (wasn't that 4-5 years ago?).

  2. #3012
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Heretic! You shall be cast out!

    I remember enjoying it. A nice little action rpg with a lot of spirit. Far better than its sequel, for a number of reasons.

    (Wii post)

  3. #3013
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, I loved the game. Can't recall anything that turned me off, besides Atlantica. Definitely did not love KH2 though.

  4. #3014
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I thought it was very well done, the best game Disney had "done" in years because it was not done by Disney. I liked the atmosphere.

  5. #3015
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've now lost 10 hours of my life to Oblvion. My favourite 360 game so far. Excellent port.

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ May 31, 2007 07:40 AM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

  6. #3016
    Inactive Member phaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    currently between crush and valkyrie profile: lenneth. mostly the latter. even though rpgs on a handheld still seems weird.

    but using arngrim is the closest thing to using guts from berserk in an rpg, and no the blond fairy from ff7 doesn't count.

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ June 01, 2007 07:48 PM: Message edited by: phaq ]</font>

  7. #3017
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT Cataferal: So, what kind of character are you playing? Have you joined any guilds or did anything about the main quest? Do you have any questions regarding gameplay?


    IRT Phaq: I want to play Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, it looks great. I hope I can find time on summer vacations.

  8. #3018
    Inactive Member phaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yeah, it's not rare as the psx verion, but it can be hard to find. if you can't and you do the custom firmware thing, a 1 gig card should be enough for it.

    not very conventional for a rpg, in fact at times the enemies will flat-out own you if you don't run, which is no big deal as levels don't seem to be useful for anything more than improving skills. i don't know if the sequel/prequel on the ps2 is any similar, but if it means anything to ya, these are the same developers behind the star ocean series. makes me wonder why the battle systems never been replicated/ripped off though.

  9. #3019
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT Wiseman - Ive only joined the thieves guild so far. I developed a bad reputation at the start of the game by pillaging every town i came across; i was later approached by a shifty character who asked of my services. I can join more than one, right?

    Oh yeah, i finally decided to upgrade to a Radeon X1950 Pro (512Mb), so ive put extra emphasis on PC gaming these last few days. Even with this, i doubt i'd be able to run Oblivion at maximum quality with a decent frame-rate, but it does run Battlefield 2, Company of Heroes, and Half-Life 2 without a hitch. Its a refreshing to see the improvement...

  10. #3020
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Cataferal
    pillaging every town i came across
    Lol, used to Japanese RPGs. It was the same for me in my first Morrowind game, I just couldn't resist picking up anything and everything.

    You can join more than one guild, but you might encounter that, at a much later quest, you'll have to choose who you're loyal to. The guilds IIRC are Thieves Guild, Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, and Dark Brotherhood. You'll temporally associate with something as a result of the main quest line too.

    BTW, did I post about my performance tips for Oblivion? In particular, you could try some of my INI file. It subtly reduces some things end expands others to make the game look better. For example, I reduce grass density, just a bit (not easily noticeable), and make it show from a longer distance. I should have posted my list of mods too, which include many performance-critical mods such as low-poly grass, which sacrifices grass quality when viewed from above (rarely happens in Oblivion) in favour of a massive performance boost which you can spend on doubling the grass display LOD or just enjoy as better outdoors framerate.

    ????

    Now playing (Z)Angband(TK). I told you I was hardcore.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •